Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Conversations

Conversations with Paige are definitely more interesting when Lindsay is not around, I've noticed.  Today our conversation started out by discussing what would happen if a bad guy was trying to get her....

It started innocently enough.  She was holding a kid-sized plastic chair with the legs in the air and remarked that she could use the legs to hit a bad guy in the privates.  I said, yes!  Definitely do that if a bad guy is trying to get you!  You can do anything if a person is trying to hurt you!  Then she was talking about having a pencil and poking them with it.  (Should I be nervous about violent tendencies?)  That segued into Home Alone and all the things that Kevin did to protect himself from the bad guys.  Screaming, dialing 911, and all those tricks he pulled on them. (I think we will stay away from Home Alone for a while)  So then somehow she starts talking about shooting them with a gun.  Huh??  Here's how the rest of the conversation went:

Me:  Well, little kids don't have guns, sweetie.
Paige:  Mommy, I'm worried about this, I need a gun.
Me:  Paige, little kids dont have guns.  You don't need a gun.
Paige:  Well, I will tell Santa and he will get me a gun next year.
Me:  Paige, you're not getting a gun.  Even some grownups don't have guns.  They are dangerous.  Sometimes nice people get hurt by guns.
Paige:  But I won't hurt any nice people.
Me:  If you want to stop bad guys, become a policeman when you grow up then.
Paige:  Ok, I will.  Now I want to be a veterinarian, a mailman in Paris, a mommy, a doctor, AND a policeman when  I grow up!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha Ha! a mailman in paris? and where did the gun come from? was that in Home Alone?
Wow, a lot of "pre-screening" is involved with children. things we just watch and hear, and think nothing of it, until u hear a little 4 year talk about it.
oh man, this is why im never having kids!....j/k...or am i?

Unknown said...

I was wondering where the mailman in paris came from too? You should definitely keep writing about Paigerisms....he,he...I love hearing them.

Colleen said...

Oui, Oui Paigee! Aunt Colleen will help make your dreams come true ;O)